Bath textiles with a mission
Your purchase helps keep our rivers and ocean clean and liveable
BATH TEXTILES WITH ADDED VALUE
CLYR’s special textile collection supports activities that contribute to a clean and healthy rivers and seas. CLYR bath textiles are of good quality and consist of six beautiful oceanic colours. Not just good for you, but good for nature too. This year, your purchase supports the organization River Cleanup.
All natural water supports life on Earth. For animals and humans. We promote the importance of, and respect for, a Blue Planet, a planet with healthy rivers, seas and oceans that provide a fertile living environment for future generations.
Water in the world is vital. CLYR’s aim is to contribute to cleaner and healthier oceans, rivers, lakes, fjords and even glaciers. We are not going to watch, but take action, together with our partners.
Not only are CLYR’s quality, ethical textiles the best choice for yourself, but for nature and the environment too. We produce textiles sustainably and from natural materials. Every item sold supports a charitable cause.
Creating a sustainable world together: that is what we are aiming for. That is why we are joining forces with partners. These are organisations that, like us, want to contribute to a healthy planet. We donate part of the proceeds of every sale to where it makes an immediate difference. That way, we keep making the world a little better. Would you like to become a CLYR partner too?
Every year, millions of pounds of plastic end up in our seas and oceans. Much of this flows into these seas and oceans through our rivers. River Cleanup’s goal is to prevent just this. River Cleanup believes that proper education, convincing businesses to change and actually cleaning up rivers are the most effective ways to solve the problems.
River Cleanup was founded in 2019 and is now active in 50 countries. Together with 170,000 volunteers, more than 2,600,000 kg of waste has already been removed from our rivers. For more info, visit: www.river-cleanup.org.
We believe healthy oceans and seas are important. That is reflected in, amongst others, our partnerships that support a sustainable blue planet and climate postive cotton production. But why is clean ocean and seawater actually so important? We list five reasons for you.
- Oceans cover about 70 percent of the earth and are good for humans, animals and our oxygen. We therefore desperately need them to support life.
- Every year, about 6.5 million tons of waste end up in the ocean. Fish eat this and it therefore also finds its way into the stomachs of birds and marine animals.
- Over 5 trillion (!) pieces of plastic in total are floating in the sea.
- 3 billion people worldwide are dependent on fish as a food source.
- The ocean absorbs 30 percent of the carbon dioxide that humans produce. The result? Ocean acidification, which contributes to the greenhouse effect.